As we quickly move from spring into summer the thought of being stuck inside is suffocating even when the ambiance of the restaurant is lovely. Until the new ViVa restaurant row is completed, here is a list of places in Harlem to dine alfresco. Mangiare bene!
- The River Room formerly known as Earl Monroe’s features a terrace that overlooks the Hudson River facing the George Washington Bridge.
- Terrace in the Sky located on the campus of Columbia University in Butler Hall, has a rooftop deck that boasts panoramic views of Manhattan.
- The Den located on the border of east and west Harlem features a patio sitting area in the back.
- Settepani was one of the first restaurants in Harlem to offer sidewalk seating.
- Londel’s offers sidewalk seating on the warmest of summer nights.
- Native Diners should take advantage of the outdoor seating while they are still around.
Where do you go to dine alfresco in Central Harlem? Links to restaurants are located on the right sidebar.
Related: A chowhound asks about the bar and grill at 105th and Riverside.
Hudson Beach Café
Riverside Park at 105th Street
New York, NY